Sunday, October 11, 2009

Are you going to hell?

I have about 4 tests to be studying for right now, but I am going to post first.

For those who have never seen a Philip Defranco or sxephil Youtube video, you have no idea what you are missing. He is funny, satirical, and awesome. Today, as I was going through some of his old videos I came across a picture, and he said he already knows he is going to tell, but whoever laughs- or even smirks at it for that matter, is going with him. Do you want to know where you are going to go? Ready? Here it is.


Let me know whether you are tagging along in the comments.

On a side note, there are a few songs which have been stuck my head the entire weekend and since I am a good blog host, I will share them with you.




Again, let me know what you think of them in the comments.

Now that I have all of that out of the way I think I am going to finish studying for my business test.
Oh, but before I sign off, I have two things I would like to say.

1) Miley Cyrus deleted her Twitter account! She also made a rap explaining why, and to tell you the truth it is probably the reason I couldn't sleep last night- but let me know what you think of it.


2) I recently started watching "Being Erica" and I have to say I think it is going to become one of my regulars. It is a great show, with a conceptual idea.

64 comments:

TeamMudkipAwesome said...

Evil angel - Breaking Benjamin is my favorite song by them,

the second one is pretty good :)

i love the opening to the third :DD

for the miley thing , that thing she did at the end started making me laugh XDD

Ghazal said...

It's my favourite song in general now.

I like it too. AFI has a great bassist.

Thanks, all the credit goes to aspiring Canadian artists.

The entire thing made me cringe. o.0

Yoritomo Yukiharu said...

:o FAVORITED!
Awesome beat
and... Interesting beat?
and HUZZAH! NO MORE MILEY CYRUS!
omg Shane Dawson did something funny with Miley Cyrus using Twitter XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNmhihKIINM&feature=channel_page
LMAO

Jessica said...

I smirked before I read it =| Ah well, Hell doesn't seem so bad :)
Third song sounds weird.

Miley Cyrus is stupid. You want your private life private, don't tweet stupid shit.

Ghazal said...

If it means getting to stay with my friends forever, it doesn't sound bad at all. Anyway, who wouldn't want to meet Phil? I know it sounds weird, I got it stuck in my head from a commercial.

That is exactly what I said. No one cares if you have a pimple and we all know she is just covering up for the fact that her abusive boyfriend told her not to tweet anymore.

Yoritomo Yukiharu said...

*wouldn't know*
k o.o
and *shrug* Heaven is only heaven if I'm with the people I love most.

Jessica said...

Hell would be like summer 24/7.
In Heaven they ban rock music(I swear its true, Christians think "KISS" stands for Knights In Satans Service)

Soniaa said...

XDD
geez, ghazal i haven't been to your blog in the longest time. :P Anyways the miley video was...er...weird. o.O

The chipmunks could obviously beat her in a rapping competition. xD

Yoritomo Yukiharu said...

e.o strange Jess...

Anonymous said...

Is it just my browser or is your layout slashing out half your post? And if it's the latter, why am I the only one noticing it? Not cool yo.

Anywho. I didn't laugh at the weird dog. 0.o I actually just feel sorry for it. Dogs like being naked, why would you take that away from them?

And yes, sxephil is fucking awesome!

Jessica said...

@Kraven I'm thinking its your browser :P And have fun not being in hell...unless you go and commit some random sin.
@Matt I know. Fail -.-"

Ghazal said...

@Jessica: Wow, that is... weird. I hate the fact that Christians think they are the only people who can go to heaven...

@Sonia: Definitely.

@Kraven: I don't notice it...

It wasn't that the dog was weird, it was the fact that he was wearing a Michael Vick jersey, and he is the football player who used to kill dogs for fun. -.-

I agree, he is!

Anonymous Jameson said...

I feel so outnumbered...

Ghazal said...

By what?

Anonymous Jameson said...

Non-Christians.

Ghazal said...

Oh. Sorry if that offended you, but I was referring to othodox Christians. You know, die-hard Christians. Those who can't say the Lord's name in vain.

Jessica said...

Or, I dunno, have to kill people who don't follow their religions.

Anonymous Jameson said...

...I've never said "O my god" before...
But I guess I can't really say where that reasoning comes from.
Wait, isn't that what Hitler did?

Ghazal said...

Yes, it was actually. Anyway, Jess, aren't you referring to Jihad?

Jessica said...

-.-" No.
All religions have extremists who think that way.
I DON'T LIKE EXTREMISTS.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Aren't you extreme by saying you don't like extremists?

Jessica said...

How? I'm not going around killing extremists.

Ghazal said...

True, she is simply saying she doesn't like them. Like we don't like homework. But then again, we do want it to die...

Jessica said...

But we won't be stabbing sheets of paper/computer screens anytime soon.

Ghazal said...

Well, to each his own...

Jessica said...

What, are you saying you would?
o.o

Anonymous Jameson said...

That'd be great if we could.
And I didn't know you meant THAT extreme.
By the way, this comment bar keeps disappearing. So half the time I can't figure out if you guys have posted or not.

Jessica said...

=|
That's what "extremist" means.

Anonymous Jameson said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremism
I saw nothing about insane mass mudereers there.

Ghazal said...

Wait, would Light be an extremist or optimist?

Yoritomo Yukiharu said...

as Near said, Light is nothing but, "a crazy serial-killer"

Jessica said...

@Jameson Fine. But it's religious extremism, and the definition of that certainly fits the Taliban, Al Qaeda(how do you spell that?), Nazis, etc.

Anonymous Jameson said...

I'll give you that, although why some religious people are insane enough to do that is beyond me.

Ghazal said...

I know. Tell me one thing, in which religion does it state that God will bless you if you kill innocent people?

Anonymous Jameson said...

I don't think I'll answer that question.

Jessica said...

Actually a lot of them do.
Islam, for one.
And then there's this from the Bible: ""He who sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed." Exodus 22:20.

"If this commandment is obeyed, then the four billion people who do not believe in the biblical god must be killed." <---skeptic's annotated bible(insert capitals where applicable)

Actually, there' a lot of religious intolerance in the next bit on Exodus.

Sikhism...well, you're Sikh, you would know better than me. And Hinduism, as far as I can tell, there is none.

I'm sure there are many more.

Ghazal said...

There aren't any in Sikhism. Sikhism believes in choice and equality. Also, the holy scripture for Sikhism, the Guru Granth Sahib, it a combination of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and various other religions.

Jessica said...

All religions are combinations of each other.
The Christians stole from Pagans, which I find to be ironic.
And I kind of figured there weren't any in Sikhism, I read that somewhere but I wasn't entirely sure.

Anonymous Jameson said...

I concede that the Exodus verse says it plain and simple, but the reason for that is a bit more complicated. Back in OT days, the only way to cleanse sins were to either learn and repent to God, or die. Yes, that sounds cannibalistic, but it is what it is.
But that doesn't nessessarily say God will bless you for that.
And an example of that would be?
Where did aethism come from?
And what is Sikhism?

Jessica said...

@Jameson Admittedly, you have a point.
However you have to admit that there are people who take the Bible(or at least most of it) literally.
The parts that don't go under "most of it" are the parts that say you shouldn't go around killing people.

And there you go, christian extremists.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Easy rule of thumb: When the plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense.
And yes, there are people who take it perhaps TOO literally, especially, some commands of the OT (i.e. kill)
No, an example of Christianity coming from Paganism.

Jessica said...

o.0
It's still Christianity.
Think of it this way:
TOTAL and COMPLETE Idiot/sheep + religion of any sort = candidate for extremism.
Point being, most major religions make some sort of reference to intolerance of some sort.

Reminds me of how the Ancient Romans used to leave their baby daughters out in the cold to die :( (though I have no clue why...I'm just a rhymer today...grr.)

Anonymous Jameson said...

Meh.
I doubt a complete idiot's going to go rifling through the Old Testement looking for verses saying you should murder, especially when the whole religion is centered over forgiveness. Wait, scratch that. A complete idiot MIGHT do that.
You can think of the weirdest things.
And again, example...

Jessica said...

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/movies-music-books/45436-yes-there-extremism-christianity.html
=|

Anonymous Jameson said...

I quote, "...who know nothing of God or His will."
But yeah, I sort of knew that there are some pretty evil people who call themselves Christians.
And if this is the example, I was trying to ask you for an example of Christianity coming from Paganism.

Jessica said...

OHH!
I totally missed that.
The date of Christmas came from the Pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice. As did Christmas Trees, I think.

Ghazal said...

Wow, you guys really had "the conversation" didn't you? Anyway, Jameson we are not only referring to Christianity. We are also taking Islam into consideration, though I believe in the Quran it actually does say "Everyone else must be eliminated" or at least something along those lines.

Christianity did originate from Paganism, the Pagan god Horus is an example, he is like the reincarnate of Jesus. Or rather Jesus is the reincarnate of him.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Actually, Jesus was likely to be born sometime in spring, but why we celebrate it in winter is anyone's guess.
And Christmas trees have almost nothing to do with Jesus. That's just an addition to the tradition.
Yeah, my pastor was saying that at the end of the day, muslims don't know whether they're going to heaven or not. The only way to be sure is to do a suicide bombing on people who don't share that faith.
Isn't Horus that Egyptian god? How's he like Jesus? (Just too lazy to check him up)

Jessica said...

=|
-.-" The reason we celebrate it in winter, as I've JUST pointed out, is because the Pagans celebrated the solstice at that time.
I know it's an addition. But that's still where they came from.
Anyways, Muslims believe in the same afterlife as Christians, just a little differently: they judge based on good deeds vs bad deeds, which Christianity doesn't(man, I really DO need to finish the Bible o.o), and the exceptions are warriors who die fighting for God(free pass to heaven) and enemies of Islam(highway to hell...haha, like that song). Which, yes, probably includes me.
Oh, and they're promised virgins in heaven. Which is kind of creepy. And there are seven heavens.


http://wiki.answers.com/Q/List_parallels_between_Jesus_and_Egyptian_god_Horus_and_who_came_first
^^Parallels between Jesus and Horus

I'll admit Jesus was real. But he didn't turn water into wine or anything like that.

Also, going through some stuff, I found this:
http://proudatheists.wordpress.com/2008/11/30/gay-marriage-opponents-now-want-legal-definition-of-christmas/
The guy who wrote that fails: "Instead of singing carols, you can go door-to-door reading Charles Darwin to each other. Or the Qur’an or Harry Potter or whatever else non-Christians like to read. I wouldn’t know."

Ghazal said...

Exactly. We are not disagreeing to the fact of Jesus's existence, but merely questioning the morals on which religions with known extremists thrive.

Anonymous Jameson said...

But Jesus was born in SPRING. If we copied it from some Pagan religion, why wouldn't he have been born in winter?
Meh.
I knew that. Although maybe not the virgin part and the seven heavens. o.O
You, reading the Bible? May I ask why?
So Horus existed before his father. Does that make sense?
And if you're saying that Jesus' escape to Egypt was copied, there are huge amounts of myths about gods escaping, both before and after Christ. What about those?
What's the relationship between Osiris, Isis, and Horus?
And since I'm too lazy, what's that last part mean?
So if Jesus wasn't God, what do you consider him to be?
Okay. I think it's pretty much true that most people don't care what it's about. What about it?
That's why Christmas Break is now Winter Break.
And that guy does fail.

Anonymous Jameson said...

@Ghazal: So, you agree that Jesus lived, but question his and extremists morals?

Ghazal said...

The relationship between Horus, Osiris, and Isis, is that Osiris and Isis were brother and sister (who were married as was done in that time) and Horus was their holy son who was sent out to avenge his father's death- since his uncle killed him. Apparently his father spoke to him after he died and once his death was avenged everyone was happy again.

Yes Jameson, I do.

I perceive Jesus as a human being who lived like all of us, but did good things while living. He stopped people from committing crimes and sacrificed his life for "the people" but I don't believe he had magical powers or was God's son. I just think he was sent as a messenger from God to soothe the earth's tension. Like a prophet. I find by putting him into the divine light people can not relate with him and therefore criticize his existence as opposed to admiring his good deeds.

Anonymous Jameson said...

So I see no relationship between them and the Holy Trinity-The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. There is no wife there, The Father never died, and Jesus certainly didn't avenge Him.
If so, then why do people say he had powers and was sent by God? They had nothing to gain by provoking the anger, especially with the Phairsees, who refused to believe he was God and tried to kill him for blasphmey.
Which God are we referring to now?
And that soothing tension thing is all a lie. Because of that one event, tons of believers were martyered, John the Baptist was beheaded, Herod tried to kill Jesus, the Pharisees DID end up killing him, and we have more disagreements than ever, an example being this conversation.
And if Jesus wasn't God, and he performed no miracles, what good deeds were performed? Just out of curiosity.

Jessica said...

Good deeds =/= miracles.

That's like saying policemen or the odd good Samaritan are miracle-bringing. Or whatever the word is.

"December 25 was chosen because it coincided with the Roman festivity of Sol Invictus "The undefeated sun";[36] and because it was still being celebrated in the III century, the Church wanted to associate it with the birthday of Jesus rather than with a pagan god"

^^THERE we go. THAT's why they chose that.

I pretty much think the same thing as Ghazal minus the whole prophet bit. He was basically just a good guy.

Anyways, it's kind of wrong not to question extremists morals, or at the very least we should think of them as in need of some sort of mental health check.

Me reading the Bible: Know your opponent's(I use that term lightly) case back and forth.

It doesn't really matter what the Trinity IS, but the Christians sure as heck didn't come up with that.

And as for the soothing tension thing, it's not really a lie. Things didn't go as planned.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Wait, when did I say that?
Where's that from?
So he's just a good guy. He didn't perform miracles, and didn't rise from the dead. Did he still say what he said, and claim to be God?
I agree that it's not wrong to question extremist's morals, especially if they're not of the best kind and don't coincide with their religion.
So what've you read?
How? Did they just suddenly go "Hey, look! Here's Jesus, Here's God the Father, and here's God the Holy Spirit! Let's combine them into a Trinity that we took from Horus, even though they have nothing in common, except from them being 3 Gods, or Parts of God."
So, if Jesus was just a dude who tried to help the world: What was his goal? Thousands of people routinely paid tribute to the church back then, and Jesus comes and blalently insults the leaders. "I'm a good guy trying to undermine the authority of the leaders of my faith." Why would he say all that, create his own religon, in a sense, and lead thousands of people to slaughter?
If Jesus was a prophet: If he was sent by GOD, would not God know what to tell him to do? Why couldn't he do miracles? Moses turned water to blood, Elijah sent fire from the heavens. Why wasn't he acting like a prophet of God, both through actions and words, and why, then, wouldn't he do miracles?

Ghazal said...

You see, the Romans believe their Gods sent fire. It all coincides and therefore doesn't make sense. The Roman god, who name I forget, sacrificed himself for the well-being of humans on earth and was tortured by Zeus. A lot of this sounds like the stories which circulate in Christianity.

Perhaps prophet was a bad word, just think of him as a good person. Good people don't have to be considered holy and they don't have to be thought of as angels, essentially, they are just good people. Jesus was a good person. He helped people and made wrong things right, thus people thought of him as a God. Jesus's divinity was made up so people would have motivation to be good and to respect the church. If they just thought they had to be good for the heck of it, then a lot of people wouldn't go to church on a daily basis. About 45% of people go to church and participate in religious activities because they feel it is their duty and they owe Jesus.

There is some food for thought.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Correction: A god sent fire. (poor me, I don't know how to do italics) And he was quite different from Elijah.
And he sent FIRE. Something physical, something that human beings would have easily been able to create. God sent Jesus, God Himself, and sacrificed himself for the eternal lives of people. That god (Prothemeus) sent FIRE. God sent his SON. Prothemeus was sacrificed, even though he didn't wish to be caught-he never even actually died. Jesus was willingly sacrificed for humans, and died for it. Prothemeus was tortured by Zeus, Christ was tortured by PEOPLE. Zeus=/=People, Fire=/=Jesus, Giving people fire=/=eternal life, not knowing but hoping he wouldn't be caught beforehand=/=Willing to die. Questions?
Is he still considered sent from God in your mind? And I'd still like to know what you guys consider made up and what he actually did.
What things would be considered wrong in your eyes?
John 8: 58: "I tell you the truth," Jesus answer, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Which basically means he either lived from before 2166 BC till then, or he was God. Although, technically, Jesus is really both.
And it's true, but a lot of people have that idea wrong. Jesus isn't forcing anyone to go. you go to learn more about the Bible and its teachings, to learn more about God and what He asks of you, and because YOU ARE WILLING.

Ghazal said...

Though it's not like the bible is telling people to go crazy picking religions. It does say all non-Christians will go to hell some way or another and anyone who questions the teachings of the Lord is blasphemous. I have concluded that much from the bible I have.

Anyway, Jesus, in a way, was a physical being, and he was "used" by the people in the sense that he taught them a new way of life because before they were more or less savages. Prometheus did the same thing. He felt compassion for the humans so he gave them fire to allow them to prosper. Jesus also, as mentioned before, provided the humans with a new realm of living, something closer to divinity. Though he was not a "divine" being himself he was a good person which the the point we are trying to emphasize.

And, to be completely rational, God cannot technically have a son because God is not a person. He can not be compared to anyone or anything and therefore cannot conceive or be said to have a child, therefore Jesus was a man. In essence we are all God's children since we inhabit his earth and were all created by him- so technically if Jesus was God's son we are also his sons and daughters which I know the bible states. I simply find it contradictory that we are not considered Jesus's brothers and sisters though.

Crucifixion does not make a person special, it is his deeds which make him remembered.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Obviously not.
And you're right one the first, but a bit off on the second. I forget the verse you probably got that from, but there are Christians that question God all the time, even me. And if you can't figure out why, study it. Study it on your own, or get help from someone. No one's commiting blasphmey because they don't know why God would let someone die.
Not really savages. The people of their time built great things, churches and buildings of all kinds, they cooked meat, they had kings ruling. Not really savages.
Prothemeus gave them a physical need, Jesus provided a spiritual need. It's like arguing that God is equal to a wheel.
Wait. That new realm of living would be? ...Heaven?
But if he was not divine and he didn't perform miracles, what good deeds did he perform? It's not "gave the people heaven" because he's apparently not divine in this conversation. Some specific examples.
The 'Son' is not taken to mean literally. It's not that kind of son, the earthly kind, he's a divine son. He could technically be considered the physical manefestation of God. Technically.
And how would you know? God can do anything, can he not? He wouldn't exactly be God, then, would he?
Hmm. The best I could probably put it (which is not that good, these are high density theories) would be that Jesus is God's real Son, and we are his adopted children, adopted from sin. So we were never on the same plain as Jesus, and we never will be, but God loves every person the same.
That's also true. No one knows the names of the 2 others crucified with Jesus. But, as I must have said quite a few times, what do you consider his deeds to be? If he's not God, and he didn't perorm any miracles, and more earthly deaths have been caused because of Jesus than without, what deeds did he perform??

Ghazal said...

Keep in mind I was not the one who said he didn't perform miracles, I simply said that what he did was not "supernatural". What I mean by a new realm of living would be spirituality. He gave them faith and he gave them someone to trust. What I find odd about Christianity though, is that when something good happens (or for something good) you thank God, but you can not blame God for anything (say the Lord's name in vain). Shouldn't it work both ways if God is truly our creator?

Anyway, I know it is not meant literally but if you internalize it that way it eventually leads to the metaphorical term as well. Jesus was born like any other man and therefore people advertising his "divinity" is not exactly putting who he was or what he did into perspective. Whatever he did (miracles) can not be followed because people think only someone sent from God (someone unlike themselves) can do it. It is what essentially creates the barrier between the earth and the heavens.

I believe Jesus improved the quality of life people had then. His teachings and whatever he has done have not been futile and are respected by the world. He created a brotherly relationship between most humans, but there are some who take it to an extreme level and believe they too are as you said, "manifestations" of God.

I know that there are some people who question the teachings, but the key word here is "some". A lot of people, like we discussed in grade 7, follow things like religion blindly thinking God is the only one who knows and the bible was sent from him- though the truth is someone had to write the bible. There was someone who wrote every psalm and verse in there and someone who typed them up as well. I agree, King Solomon, Peter, Joseph were all people or could have been people, but all of the stories were not written by God and that is something we all have to accept.

The bible also states that black people get their colour because of the sins they performed in their life/past life. Do you agree with this?

Jessica said...

I thought Christians didn't believe in reincarnation?
Just the one question. Otherwise, too much reading to comprehend!

Ghazal said...

I know, but Cherisse, Kiana, and Odelia told me about it in grade 7.

Anonymous Jameson said...

Which would mean he never did miracles. If it's not supernatural, then it's not a miracle.
So Jesus gave the world a new faith and someone to trust. That still doesn't explain that if what you think is true, why would Jesus play God? Either he was completely insane, thinking he was God, a pathalogical liar, or he was really God. Also, that faith and trust didn't really help when thousands of them were killed, if heaven doesn't actually exist.
Ever heard of Job, from the Old Testement?
But he WASN'T. Jesus was born of virgin birth.
Elijah, Moses. They were both human, both trusted in God, and both did miracles. And prior, they were not special at all. Neither were Jesus' disciples.
Matthew 17: 20-21: [Jesus] replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Jesus himself said anyone would be able to do miracles, if they trusted in him.
Quality of life. See "cruxification, macassre, stoning, martyers, imprisonment" All things people did or were for Jesus.
Brotherly relationship. coughcoughHitlercoughcough
Really, any Christian who says they are God is complete blasphmey.
God is the only one who knows what?
Every part in the Bible was inspired by God. Written by men, yes, but that doesn't mean that it was not through God's will that they wrote it.
Nice sutble addition of 'stories'
And no, you go to heaven or hell when yopu die. No reincarnation.
Really? What did they say?