Monday, October 13, 2008

What is Thanksgiving without a turkey?

Apparently my parents forgot to buy a turkey, and we will be having frozen chicken breasts instead, delicious... I told them yesterday that it is getting late, and we should go get it, "We will get it later, don't worry!" Well, can you guess what happened? They did not get it, and they only "food" in our fridge is frozen chicken breasts, luckily they taste pretty good, although I really wanted that turkey. It is just as well I suppose, at least there is one family out there not contributing to the slaughtering of poor turkeys. Anyway, I don't think my family understands the meaning of Thanksgiving, of course we eat to our heart's desire, but we are supposed to be together today. Instead, my brother and father have gone to King City to watch a cricket game with my dad's friends, and my mother, grandmother, and I are at home.

On a lighter note, on Friday Jessica let me borrow one of her books called Speak, and it I gave it a 7 on the "good book" meter, it was a little weird, and the scabby lips were creepy. Also, I would have liked to hear a little bit more about David Petrakis after their little "incident", it was interesting.

Now for the worst part, tomorrow I have to speak with my language teacher, again! The first time he though I had my parents do my work for me, and now he is giving me a -C on an assignment I should have gotten an -A on- I hate that man. I have a small rant below:

  1. "At last" can very much have a comma after it, on account of it being a transition word, and for dramatic effect (which I happen to adore). Also, language is not written in stone, you said yourself, "The rules change very often", yet in this case it has mulitple rules. The sentence can be written with or without the comma, regardless of "fluency".
  2. When a child puts a line through their 'f' you do not circle it and say they did not, when it is fully visible after the circle has been drawn, this just proves you are picking on me. Also, you knew it was an 'f', there was no need to mark it wrong and say kids in grade 8 can not write. It is downright insulting.
  3. Batmobile is a trademarked word by the makers of the movie Batman, and regardless of it "generality" it has originated from this movie, hence it shall be written with a capital. If you do not believe me, type "Batmobile" on Wikipedia.
  4. "...the Service Club" should have a a capital because the definite article "the" is implying that the service club is being specified, not generally being spoken. If this word was to be spelled generically you would write "...a service club", using an indefinite article. Basic English.
Back to the positive side of things, we had a student election on Friday (federal), and I voted for NDP, go Jack Layton! And, according to Jessica, we are going to have a Twilight party to go watch the movie, which means I do not have to watch it with my dad **sighs**.

Lastly, on Saturday I watched the Indian movie Kidnap. It was really good, although I think they stole a scene from Casino Royale, though I can't be sure. The movie was interesting and full of unanticipated twists and turns, and Imran Khan looked really professional, you could not tell it was only his 2nd movie, and considering the drastic transition from extremely happy-go-lucky kid, to ruthless kidnapper seeking revenge, he did amazing. And, if there is a way to say this without having people think I am a boy-crazy-girly-girl, I would like to say he looked "good" in the movie. Other than that, Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your turkeys...

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Can I come with you to talk to him, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

I have some very good arguments.

Ghazal said...

Sure, it is not just about me. The whole class can come, I need moral support. You know what? I should have gotten an A- on that sheet, and that "man" gave me a C-, I officially loathe him to the degree of murder, (I don't even know if I am being metaphoric).

Jessica said...

I hope you are.
And I think the whole class WILL want to get involved.
Well, the ones who aren't concerned with "Oh, he's an adult, it's rude to disrespect them blah blah blah"(you know who I'm talking about)

Ghazal said...

Actually I do not know who you are talking about, who?

Jessica said...

I don't want to say it online...tell you at school?

Ghazal said...

Ok, I will be waiting.