How was Jesus God? Never heard that one before. Like, ever. Sources, plz? "Furthermore, if Jesus was God, why do other religions have other beliefs? " If god doesn't exist, why do other religions have other beliefs(not meant offensively, just making a point...any of these questions can be used both ways)?
I know. I just wanted to let it out. Also, I have been doing some reading, and I am sure you know this, the Christians do not consider him to be a "mortal" so what else would he be? I believe I touched the topic in my post.
An immortal, and yes you did. I know the Bible says that witches and demons are bad, but they did have angels and such. (OMG I'm defending Christianity...no offense but this is odd for me)
I'd like you guys to keep in mind however, that the bible is an age old thing rewritten and rewritten. Like any book, nothing can go that long without losing alot in translation
Sam has a good point. Also, Jesus was the SON of God, therefore NOT God, and yet God at the same time. Some things defy explaination according to the church. However, I view (as I have said on TNPAMLSIB) religion as a philosophy more than historical fact with some mystery in it. Also, maybe God just got tired of correcting us and gave up. Oh, and about jesus dying, he was in a mortal FORM as a MAN. He died, beat death, and came back! ...and I am simply stating my opinion and such and such blah blah blah here. I don't care who's christian and who isn't, and ur opinions are your own, your beliefs yours to choose.
I personally am willing to accept that they're might be beings on a higher plain of existence than us. However ,simply being born here is not cause for us to prostrate ourselves before them(if they exist) in any way. Simply because I was born here, and you were born there, does not under any circumstances make you better than me, or me better than you. Simply because I'm younger does not make you any better than me, it simply means you have more experience. And as Yori so excellently put it, "I am simply stating my opinion and such and such blah blah blah here" :)
A teenage nerd trying to cope with the ups and downs of this roller coaster we all know as life... Experiencing fights, attitude, betrayal, heart break, tragedy, happiness, epiphanies, and various other emotions along the way.
20 comments:
How was Jesus God? Never heard that one before. Like, ever. Sources, plz?
"Furthermore, if Jesus was God, why do other religions have other beliefs? " If god doesn't exist, why do other religions have other beliefs(not meant offensively, just making a point...any of these questions can be used both ways)?
I know. I just wanted to let it out. Also, I have been doing some reading, and I am sure you know this, the Christians do not consider him to be a "mortal" so what else would he be? I believe I touched the topic in my post.
An immortal, and yes you did.
I know the Bible says that witches and demons are bad, but they did have angels and such.
(OMG I'm defending Christianity...no offense but this is odd for me)
there are some things i would like to say....but i don't want to get to deep and i may say some things i will regret so i am keeping my mouth shut.
You know what? I think I am going to delete the post entirely. I do not want to offend anyone.
You will never delete the comments.
What did I miss?
You can kind of tell.
I can tell half of it. But what did you write before deleting it?
Oh, just something about the mortality of Jesus.
And you said...
I'd explain, but I'm too tired to remember.
I guess it doesn't help that you're waking up early tomorrow.
So, Ghazal? What did you write?
Um... I really don't remember.
That stinks. Is forgetting contagious?
And you must remember SOME of it. The other half of the conversation is at the top of the page.
I'd like you guys to keep in mind however, that the bible is an age old thing rewritten and rewritten. Like any book, nothing can go that long without losing alot in translation
Sam has a good point. Also, Jesus was the SON of God, therefore NOT God, and yet God at the same time. Some things defy explaination according to the church. However, I view (as I have said on TNPAMLSIB) religion as a philosophy more than historical fact with some mystery in it. Also, maybe God just got tired of correcting us and gave up. Oh, and about jesus dying, he was in a mortal FORM as a MAN. He died, beat death, and came back!
...and I am simply stating my opinion and such and such blah blah blah here. I don't care who's christian and who isn't, and ur opinions are your own, your beliefs yours to choose.
I personally am willing to accept that they're might be beings on a higher plain of existence than us. However ,simply being born here is not cause for us to prostrate ourselves before them(if they exist) in any way. Simply because I was born here, and you were born there, does not under any circumstances make you better than me, or me better than you. Simply because I'm younger does not make you any better than me, it simply means you have more experience. And as Yori so excellently put it, "I am simply stating my opinion and such and such blah blah blah here" :)
All in all, a very controversial topic.
o.o good point Micah
Post a Comment