Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finally, something you can all help me with. Please?

As you know, we have to write 5 poems for L.A. and I do not like a single poem that I wrote, so I am going to keep posting poems as I write them and you tell me which ones are your top 5. Ready? Go!


Little stars

They cause me to cry each night

Wondering why I am here

When everyone else plays

I am constantly taken back to space

Why do you say I deserve it when I know I don’t?

 

I never liked space so these stars mean nothing to me

Aside from the pain you cause me

And my misery

I see your blows hitting someone I know

But I never feel

 

I want to tell you to stop

I want to stop you myself

But how do you pull the plug on a cordless machine?

 

You let the battery die.


It

What in life causes us to lose our conscious selves and become a soul?

Floating aimlessly through the skies in the hopes of finding...

Is it love, is it peace, is it consolation, or is it desolation?

 

What in life causes us to leave our safe haven and head into the war zone?

Is it our ego, our pride- or a solstice for our bodies as we evaporate into the infinity

Leaving our masochism behind and resuming our search for...

 

It--

A force so powerful God would be envious

So vast- countries would kill to conquer it

So great you would detach yourself from your body to glimpse it

 

But the questions still remain-

What must we win in life to have it

What must we sacrifice in life to have it

...What is it? 

30 comments:

Jessica said...

Oooooooooohthelasttwolinesaregenius.
Anyways, it's good but the rhythm's a bit...off?

Ghazal said...

I know. I need to find some way to fix it, or it can be a free verse.

Jessica said...

It is a free verse, technically.
But there's no rhythm.
-checks own poem-
1st poem:is fine
2nd:needs revising badly.

Yep, so we all have rhythm issues.

Jessica said...

(which is weird since we're in band)

Ghazal said...

Yeah, my second one is alright but the first one needs some work.

Jessica said...

Yay at the second one!
But in the last bit(2nd last verse), I would take out the "It is" so it looks like this:
It--
A force so powerful God would be envious
So vast- countries would kill to conquer it
So great you would detach yourself from your body to glimpse it

IDK, just my 2 cents.

Ghazal said...

Sure. Anything to make it good.

Jessica said...

It already is good though :P

Ghazal said...

Thanks, though I wish I could get Kraven's feedback.

Jessica said...

We should find his email and spam him.
But then there's that whole thing about impregnating Carmen Electra.

Ghazal said...

Exactly. I don't think Carmen Electra needs that, though I do think his email address is on his dA, if he did not delete it already.

Jessica said...

It probably is.

Ghazal said...

There is one on his Blogger profile and one on his dA profile, but they are both different.

Jessica said...

Try the Blogger one.

Ghazal said...

Me? You try it.

Jessica said...

Nope, sorry, too busy.
:D

Bre said...

I like 'em!

SamiltonRulz said...

I like em too!. I would consider revising the phonics of your poems tho

Jessica said...

-pokes-
I has a poems too!
(sorry, just desperate for criticism)

The Atlantean said...

not a fan of the first one, but I definitely love the second.

Ghazal said...

Thanks everyone! I will work on your critiques and I should write a few more today- so keep reading. Also, if anyone did not get it, the first one is about getting beat up and having little stars surround your head. I have to fix the rhythm of it though.

Yoritomo Yukiharu said...

XD I like both... ^.^
ummz...
if I had to choose...
the second one ^.^

Ghazal said...

Thanks Matt. I liked the second one too. I might have to redo the first one anyway because we have to be wary of the topics we choose. Our teacher is...

Jessica said...

...actually doing something he should be.
Sorry, but it's true.
Of course if it's not blatantly obvious it might pass as OK.

Yoritomo Yukiharu said...

I see...
O.O
and you're welcome :P

Ghazal said...

Reading the poems of the private problems of other kids? Yeah, every teacher should be doing that. Exploitation is a thing of the past. [Heavy sarcasm]

Jessica said...

xD
It sucks because he SAID it was due on Thursday.
TOMORROW IS NOT THURSDAY.

Ghazal said...

No, no it is not.

Jessica said...

He sucks.

Jessica said...

I don't think, I know.