Thursday, May 28, 2009

My story

Last summer, I believe, I began writing a story but had not motivation to finish. Now, that I have a wide assortment of blog-readers I thought I would post chapters as I work on them and I could get some feedback. Perhaps this will enable me to continue. Anyway, I still need a name, but I am contemplating Beauty Kills, it is not copyrighted, and I think it fits. Anyway, here is the prologue. If you guys end up liking it, I will post more.


Prologue


 

As he stepped off the plane he began thinking of the possibilities which would await him in the land of his dreams; literally.  Ever since Vladimir had been a child he had an unexplainable interest in Transylvania- particularly because his parents had kept him away from it since the time he was born.  Though he was Romanian at heart, he had never been to Romania or his current destination, Transylvania.

 

As Vladimir silently sifted through the people holding signs with names to identify their guests whom they had never met before- all except his- he sighed, he knew she would not come.  She was much too beautiful to want to waste her time on a stupid, lanky, 6 foot 4, 19-year old.  He was always the pariah in school.  No one would accept him because of his enormous height, which his idiot doctor constantly labeled “remarkable” and “abnormal”.  But Vladimir was interrupted mid-thought as a striking young woman, more or less the same age as him, asked if he was Vladimir Dimitru.  Dazzled, Vladimir was unable to formulate a coherent answer, which would explain the fact as to why he answered her question with the reply, “Uh…”  Thinking she had the wrong person, the girl apologized and began to explain why she had asked the question. “I am so sorry; I had thought you were somebody else. I…” As the girl rambled on justifying her question Vladimir noticed she had an exotic accent, a cross between Russian and Spanish perhaps?

 

As Vladimir blankly looked at the girl, he noticed she was beginning to turn around, “Great job idiot, she probably thinks you can’t speak!”  He thought to himself.  Well, what are you waiting for, go stop her!”

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay!
Even though I already read it :P

Ghazal said...

Thanks. I made a few changes and I will continue to make them.

Jessica said...

'Kay.
NOW CHECK YOUR DANG EMAIL!

Ghazal said...

Sorry, I was working on L.A.

Jessica said...

I know. you told me.

Ghazal said...

Who would have thought it would take so long?

Jessica said...

To...

Ghazal said...

Write a blotz poem.

Bre said...

I liek eet! NEXT CHAPTER!

Ghazal said...

Thanks Dev! I tweaked it a bit and I am still working on the other ones. I want a bit more feedback first.