Sunday, June 28, 2009

In Memoriam: Billy Mays


It feels horrible to say this, but I have a feeling I am going to have to do this a lot more often now... Billy Mays was a wonderful man who had a distinct style of sales pitching. He knew what the crowd loved and was therefore granted celebrity status by many- including. Today, June 28th, the 50 year old man was found dead in his Tampa home by his wife. In case any of you failed to notice Michael Jackson who also died a few days ago was 50. This is horrible. 3 great people dying in a course of one week.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn it, WTF! So many celebrities have died recently. Heath Ledger, Bernie Mac, Michael Jackson, Farah Fawcett, this dude [who I've never heard of, but still], and a few others I can't remember right now.

What's up with that?

Oh, and hey! [Again]

Jessica said...

-ahem-
Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon...
:P

Ghazal said...

I know. I was talking to my dad about it. It is as if someone has cursed Hollywood. It is really sad.

**Hey! Nice to see you are back!

Jessica said...

Death comes in threes(that's what they said when MJ died, just quoting), therefore two more are on their way.

Ghazal said...

NO! Not any more! My fragile heart can't take it!

Jessica said...

But you didn't like MJ before, and you didn't even acknowledge Ed McMahon, and did you know who Farrah Fawcett was before the whole cancer thing last month?

Didn't think so.

And chances are that you won't know the next two.

In fact the only person who died recently who I knew about was MJ...

Ghazal said...

I knew about Farrah Fawcett, well I heard of her. Anyway, I knew MJ and Billy.

Jessica said...

Meh.
And you still don't know who Ed is.

Ghazal said...

Yes I do! He is your grandfather.

Jessica said...

Wrong Ed.

Ghazal said...

**Laughs** Well, yeah. I just remembered, David Carradine died too.

Jessica said...

You heard how he died right?
Weird stuff.

SamiltonRulz said...

*sigh* at least heaven has oxyclean to keep the gates pearly

Ghazal said...

**Laughs weakly** God is a lucky person.