Hello everybody, just though I would give you a quick update on how school is going (though I should be doing my homework). In English we started Shakespeare and I have to do a project on him, though the good part is we are going to be put into pairs, though the pairs and going to be 2 people of the opposite gender... There seems to be one guy in my class who knows a lot about Shakepeare, hopefully I get him... Right now I am memorizing some dates, and I am going to start the research part. It's due on Friday so I will see how it turns out. If it sounds decent, I might even post it here.
As for business, one of my least favourite classes, we are learning about computer hardware... we ever learned how to define a system directory! Though now we are working with paths and whatnot, and we have to learn how to work on DOS. For those of you who don't know what DOS is, go to your accessories (on your computer) and click system prompt. You will then discover the torutre of the of business and technology program.
In French we are drawing faces... and we have to present the drawings on Wednesday, wish me luck.
In gym we played baseball and I actually hit the ball, though I didn't get to run. We were only going up to 3 outs- look at me! I am talking like a baseball-watcher!
And... on a side note, one of the brackets on my braces fell out.
29 comments:
i always hit the ball :D
though i never make it to third base :/
DOS is like that text thing, right? It's not that awful.
And BASEBALL FTW!
Also, Business seems more like Tech to me.
Good luck with Shakespeare, why are you memorizing dates?
DX eww projects
and o.o drawing faces in French class...
btw umm I suck at baseball T.T
@Caulin: I usually hit it too, but most of the time it is a foul.
@Jessica: The way the teacher explains it is... You like baseball? o.0 It sort of is, but we will move on soon enough (I hope), and I am memorizing dates because I have a Shakespeare Biography Quiz.
@Matt: I know, as for the French thing, I showed Kanishkan and my friend the picture and they both froze mid-sentence. It really was that bad. As for baseball, I'm okay...
Yeah, I like Baseball
And DOS is pretty easy once you know what the commands are, though as a dentist I'm sure you'll never need to know.
Ew, quizzes where you memorize stuff you will NEVER need to know..
BTW Caulin's comment has a double meaning.
it does? o0!
I hope it's not what I think it is...
i don't understand @.@
We have to do Shakespeare in grade 9? Darn.
If I ever thought business was boring, you're making it seem twice as boring as I thought it was.
We have to do a collage. I guess it's not as bad as drawing faces. I suck at drawing.
...
Welcome to the joy of braces.
I think I'm better off not knowing what it is...
Yeah, though it's not that bad. I happen to like Shakespeare. Don't worry, you would have found out anyway... Yeah, very lucky.
Thanks, though it kind of sucks. I think you are, then again, so am I.
Shakespeare is the best thing to happen to happen to anyone. I love, love, LOVE Shakespeare: his characters, his bawdy humour, the darkness in his tragedies, his sunny comedies...
Oh, take it from me my beloved constant reader, The Bard rocks!
Which plays will you be studying?
Double meaning as in "think of it like Dev!" Today my friend was talking about this TV show where they play games, and she was like "big balls are the best thing ever," and we were like "o.o"
Anyways, SHAKESPEARE FTW!
We will be studying "A Midsummer Night's Dream". We will be going to a theatre soon too. No, it's not that, I love the plays, I hate presenting essays. I can write them and hand them in, but today was a total disaster.
Oh my gosh, something extremely perverted happened at lunch. Key words? Gay, PS2, controller, vibrations, pants...
xD
I love a Midsummer Night's Dream. Haven't read it yet, but I do love what I've read so far. Lysander is so awesome :)
Bottom is awesome!
Meh, haven't got too far yet.
I still like Lysander though :)
Did you take out the book or are you reading the synopsis on Wikipedia?
I love Helena. She's so charmingly neurotic. My favourite moment in the play is the cat-fight scene (as I call it). I think it's 3.3, but I could be wrong.
I am glad you guys are starting Shakespeare with AMND, as opposed to something sombre like 'King Lear' or something like 'Romeo and Juliet' that tends to get oversimplified at a high-school level. AMND is genuinely hilarious, sexy, provocative, and even dark.
Keep an eye out for doubling. Do you see analogues of Theseus and Hippolyta in Oberon and Titania? How interchangeable are the lovers? Also, pay attention to the moon imagery.
I should really stop typing now.
"If we shadows have offended..."
We haven't actually started reading the book yet, and the trip to the theatre isn't until October, but I will keep an eye out for those elements.
I have already read The Tempest and Henry VII though.
There is no 'Henry VII', dear. You either read Henry IV (in two installments) or Henry V or Henry VI (in three installments).
Sorry, I pressed an extra button, I mean Henry VI. Wow, that was embarrassing.
I told you this summer, my mom has a copy and I saw some of it at Ching Park.
Oh right! That's cool.
xD Indeed it is.
I think I will read it when I finish Death Note.
You didn't finish it?
No,I think I said that o.o
But why not?
Because I got lazy and forgot where I was, because while I was reading it my mom and sister would not shut up.
Post a Comment