Sunday, February 1, 2009

Now that I think about it a lot of books are better than Twilight...

First I thought it was just the Host, then I finished The Vampire Diaries yesterday and I fell in love with the books. Romance, tragedy, horror, suspense, betrayal, humour, and fantasy all meshed into one book, and you guess success. I loved the first book, and on Friday, when I bought the sequel I fell in love again. Yesterday, after finishing the books I went on the author's site and found an outtake which I was all-too-happy to read, and now I hear there is another addition to the trilogy coming out sometime this month. The plot started out like Twilight, but took an enormous twist in the opposite direction and accumulated in something which makes the popular saga look pauper-ish. Unlike Twilight it is not extremely verbose, which means no raped thesauruses! It is just pure fantasy, the good kind. If anyone is interested in buying it, the author is L.J. Smith and once again the name of the book(s) is The Vampire Diaries.

51 comments:

Bre said...

OMG! I was waiting to get the Vampire Diaries at the libraray, are they actually good? Cause if they are, I'll buy them! WOW! Ghazal we have the same taste :P

Ghazal said...

Oh my goodness. Wow. I never knew that. That is shocking. Yes, they are awesome! I went to the library looking for the sequel but they did not have it, so I had to go to Chapters instead. A really good book you have to read it. I am lending it to Jessica on Monday.

Bre said...

I call it next! I'm currently reading one called "Laws Of The Blood" and its good so far.. And yes, 20.5 MUST be a record! Although since he is like 6 feet, he should count as 1.5, making the number squared-off to a safe 21.

Ghazal said...

Your new boyfriend is a stranger? Talk about blind dates... Yes, you can borrow it next.

Bre said...

He is not my boyfriend, lol, just a friend!

Ghazal said...

Is that not what you said about all 19.5 of them?

Bre said...

lol

Ghazal said...

I will take that as a yes.

Jessica said...

Um..raped thesauruses? That sounds....wrong.
You have a new husband, Dev? HOW AM I MISSING ALL THIS?!?!

Ghazal said...

Where were you Jess?

Anonymous said...

Long lineup. I guess I'll call it third, then.

Jessica said...

Shopping.

Ghazal said...

Oh. Did you have fun?

Jessica said...

It was me and shopping for clothing and food. Do you THINK I had fun(hint: this MIGHT just be a teeny tiny test)

Ghazal said...

No. I needed something to ask.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Because if you're anything humanoid, you'll enjoy eating.

Ghazal said...

True. Maybe she has a parasite inside HER.

Jessica said...

I love eating!
I DON'T love shopping for things TO eat.
Freezer aisles are cruel, as if I'm not sick already.

Ghazal said...

But don't you like telling your mom which brand of cookies to buy?

Anonymous said...

So you like eating, but not deciding what to eat? What if you were served a plate of roasted garbage with acid rain sauce, and finished with a rotting cherry?

Ghazal said...

You took the words out of my mouth Jameson.

Jessica said...

Um...
Let's just say nearly every time my dad goes to Sobeys, he sees Dora's mom.

Jessica said...

And that's just part of the reason.

Anonymous said...

Dora?
Does he see Boots, too?

Ghazal said...

Really? Is Dora usually there?

Jessica said...

I don't know, Ghazal. And no, Boots was not there.

Ghazal said...

Dora Dora Dora the explorer!

Jessica said...

What the [expletive]!!!
I'm scared -tears start to form-

Anonymous said...

Well, you brought up the topic

Ghazal said...

That was a deadly insult. I was making fun of Dora in the worst way. Comparing Dora to the real Dora.

Jessica said...

But that was scaaaaary.
Which is why I cried.
Not because you insulted Dora.
Ew.

Ghazal said...

You CRIED? Talk about melodramatic...

Jessica said...

Well you know -tears start to form- doesn't exactly mean I was a joyful person...

Ghazal said...

Harleen was crying on the bus but she would not tell me why. She claimed she poked herself in the eye. Also she was hiding some sort of container from me.

Jessica said...

Random, she thinks Sonia hates her, and I don't know about the container.

Ghazal said...

I know, but she said Sonia had nothing to do with it. Can you talk to Sonia about it?

Jessica said...

Well, she's being messed up so...

Ghazal said...

I do not want to talk to her at the moment.

Jessica said...

-gasp-
You see my point?

Anonymous said...

To be honest, no one really wants to talk to her, because she's being a lying, attention seeking person with narcissus syndrome.
It's mean, but it's true.

Ghazal said...

No Jameson, it is not mean, it is exactly what I wanted to say.

Anonymous said...

No, it is mean. It's just nobody cares enough to argue.

Jessica said...

But the truth hurts, so...
I agree with you!

Ghazal said...

Nice to see we have reached a consensus.

Jessica said...

Hey, that was my point earlier anyways.

Ghazal said...

Your point being?

Jessica said...

That she's being annoying and we really should just stop talking to her.
Which, before all the drama, was Dev's point.

Ghazal said...

I know. I am beginning to realize this entire situation is pointless and if she does not snap out of it by Monday, I am not going to talk to her anymore.

Jessica said...

I'm already talking to her.
And the change is for the worse.

Ghazal said...

Great. I am not talking to her anymore.

Jessica said...

I am. In hopes she'll shut up.
She thinks I hate her.
I'm mad, but I don't HATE her.